Monday, May 9, 2011

K-9 Refresher Class

Tonight was the K-9 Refresher class.  It went great.... no problems either.  Reviewed loose leash walking, plus learned some new practice techniques.  Also tethered the dogs, and taught them to stay relaxed while not paying attention to them.  Had other class members approach and treat dogs if they stayed in the relaxed position.  Come when called, on a long line..... I love this... because Brutus gets so excited when he's running back to me and looks so happy.  Of course I have to be careful he doesn't plow me over!

Silke said that she doesn't believe I have to muzzle Brutus.  That I, as the owner, have to be more forward in telling people not to approach Brutus at this time.  Tell them he doesm't care for strangers approaching him.

Kyler and I got some more of the fence finished today.  Tomorrow we will complete it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment