Friday, April 15, 2011

Dog Trick Class Update

Well, Brutus did ok at class again.  He's so unfocused when he's there.  He only has eyes for Silke, the trainer, when we are there.  I'm practically invisible!  Wew started new tricks.... heads down, ringing a bell, figure eights through our legs, honking a horn, and introduced a basin, for different tricks.  Heads down went well.  I'm sure at home in the quiet atmosphere he'll do even better.  Figure eights was challenging for me... 5'2'' tall having a rottweiler go under your legs is intresting to say the least.  Ringing the bell went well.  He's pretty good at touch targeting, so had no problem touching the bells. Eventually I would like to have him ring the bell to go outside.  I've worked on this trick before, but never really followed through with it.  Honking the bike horn was my favorite!  Off to buy one today to practice.  He caught on quick to the biting the horn, he is a very mouthy dog, so had no problem.  He actually got it to honk 3 times, so I was pretty excited.  The basin will be used for tricks like circling it, paws up on it, standing on it, putting things in it..... we'll see what happens there.  I'me pretty sure I can eventually teach him the "step up", been considering this trick for a while.  He also got some free play time with the sweet little doggie in his class..... Tess.  They has fun, he did well, and I think he may have a bit of a crush on her now! He'll be off to Petco with me today, so he should have a pretty good day in store for him.  Also making the tuna dog bones today... so yummy treats for him to taste test later!

No comments:

Post a Comment