Monday, April 18, 2011

Only Me!

Ok, so it was a relatively quiet day at home with Brutus.  He likes to "go do laundry" with me.... which I started since he has been able to go up and down the basement stairs.  Mainly because I can't leave him unintended, secondly, because he's like my shadow in the house.  Well, his new game is to steal the laundry.... from the floor, the baskets, and even the dryer!  Cute, but annoying. 

Next, on to some doggie bone making.  Parmesan Twists, and Parmesan Pretzels.  I have to say these smelled good enough to eat.  Brutus supervised the session, had a few samples, and didn't even have to steal any today!

Then some quiet time in the yard.  NOT !  Well, it started that way.  I was bust cleaning up the yard and Brutus was taking in the fresh air on the back porch.  A lady came walking by with her Weim......  I looked at Brutus, he hadn't noticed him..... but I knew it was only a matter of moments.  RIGHT!  He notices him, flies down the stairs, as the lad stops to let her dog greet him.  Bad idea!  Well when Brutus hit the fence, and started ti bark, in his deep voice.... she was ready to leave.  I was frasntic, because I know he's capable of jumping the fence.  As he hit the fence, I grabbed his collar..... as she was walking away to get past us, Brutus kept running... with my fingers wrapped in his collar.  I hit the ground, and I swear he dragged me across the yard.  ONLY ME!!!!!!!  Wow!  This dog is a powerhouse!  Luckily, in all this, he didn't jump the fence.  Now  this doesn't top him jumping through the window, but is definatly a memorable moment in the life of me and Brutus.............

No comments:

Post a Comment