Friday, April 8, 2011

Trick Class

Well, Brutus did ok at Trick class.  He seemed to mostly worry about what the other dogs were doing.  The antiobiotics could be affecting him a bit.  He loves Silke, his trainer, and seems to listen to her better than me.  Weird, it's like they know they are the professionals, and want to impress them???  Can't figured it out!  I noticed that this same thing happened with his previous trainer.  He started jumping through a hoop, although he does tend to just plow through the hoop.  Guess today's goal will be to buy a hoop.  He has previously broke 2, with my  hoop jumping attempts.  We reviewed, shake.  Does this great with both paws.  He demonstrated his "Paws up."  This trick he learned in just minutes.... he absolutely LOVES jumping up, so think he actually enjoys this!  I'm going to get video of that posted today.  Also trying to prep him to have him sit/beg.  I've been trying to do this for months, but he can't seem to support himself to sit up on his butt. Take it / Drop it...... a real struggle for me... this will take some work.  Tomorrow is our 4th NoseWork class...... he loves this!

No comments:

Post a Comment